Looking for a sweet treat to serve at your next brunch, braai or pool party? Ice lollies are great. But you know what’s even better? Popsicles that are infused with fruit and wine, ofc. Because who doesn’t like their nostalgic eats with a boozy twist?
We know that a chilled glass of wine always hits the spot. But you could take it up a notch by making frozen wine popsicles for an easy-to-make adults-only take on this beloved snack. Here’s how to make this fun, fruity crowd-pleaser which will 100% impress your friends and fam.
Watermelon and Strawberry Rosé Popsicles (Serves 8)
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 cup Shine Club Wine Natural Sweet Rosé
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp honey
How To Make Them
1. In a blender, place the watermelon, strawberries, Shine Club Wine Natural Sweet Rosé, fresh mint and honey.
2. Blend until smooth and well combined.
3. Pour into a popsicle mould, leaving a 5mm gap at the top of each one. Then add a popsicle stick to each one.
4. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
5. Remove from mould and enjoy (responsibly)!
Top tip: Eeek, your popsicles are stuck in the mould. Now what? First, take a deep breath! Then, hold the mould under some warm water. This will melt the outside of the lollies *just enough* for them to slide easily. If you tug it too hard, they could break. Be careful with those frozen treats, ladies!